Sunday, 25 July 2010

Every writer is a reader

This past week has been a non-writing week. I've just been too tired. Instead, it's been a reading week. I've finished Julia Gregson's 'East of the sun', set in 1920's India and charting the experiences of a group of young colonials. I picked it up cheaply from the library and it's not normally the type of book I'd read as it's definitely verging on trashy. However, it's perfect for my addled, sleep-deprived brain. Also, I have to give credit where credit's due and say that she's managed to create some memorable (if not somewhat irritating) characters - the type that I'm still thinking about now that the book's finished.

Ah, to create real, enduring characters - surely an aspiration for every writer.

Still no sign of the baby. Still hanging in there. My due date's tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)