Inevitably, I have found virtually no time to write recently, save the occasional blog here or on my other blog. I've also managed a few rushed lines here and there in my diary (yup, can't quite let the longhand diary go...there's nothing quite like picking up a pen and scribbling away, and it's been going since I was nine.) I am snatching moments here and there to sort out Women's Writing Wheel, but what I could do with is hours rather than minutes so I could just get it launched. I'm longing to do so.
Perhaps, in these days of major time restrictions, I should invest more in haikus. I adore the art of the haiku. Although it's traditional form has been bastardized to suit Western tastes, this Japanese poetry form is best known for containing three lines with 5, 7 and 5 syllables respectively. It encapsulates an image; a thought; an idea and is perfect for that time when you have a pencil and scrap of paper to hand and are suddenly compelled to capture and immortalize a moment. My husband and I have filled an entire notebook with our haikus, ranging from the poignant (well, pognant for us, anyway) to the downright silly. But they are all memories.
So, in celebration of the haiku, here is one for the here and now:
Damp, muggy August
We lift our heads to the rains
Dig our roots deeper.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment :)