Friday, 15 April 2011

Meet the children

I've posted pictures of my children before, but I'd like to introduce them properly.

Here's Maya, my first born, age 4 ("almost five", I hear her say)


This cheeky little lady is Lily, age 2


And here's the little man, Benjamin, eight and a half bonny, bouncy months.


I don't want this blog to be about my insomnia, the fact that since I had children I stopped sleeping (yes, even those nights when there's not a peek out of any of them), but I'm afraid sometimes it seeps so deeply into my existence that it will be impossible not to mention it here. I know that being creative, doing things I truly value like writing, provide a lifeline for me and it's a way to lift myself out of the blues that I sometimes grapple with.

But looking at these pictures of my kids, I know how very, very lucky I am to have three such happy, healthy little people in my life.


1 comment:

  1. hello, found your blog through BMB writing group, lovely blog!
    and very sweet pics, your children are adorable.
    i suffer with insomnia too, but after having twins four months ago, i've actually had more sleep than i have in years :o
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)