Friday, 6 January 2012

Happy new year!

New year's Resolutions....Hmmm.....Stop yelling at my kids so much in the morning?? Deep breaths before I think I'm going to blow a fuse? Poor kids, it's not their fault they have to go to school and we have to be out the house by silly-o'clock. More patience please, new-year's-resolution fairy!

But as for writing resolutions, well I have a very simple one really, and that is to be far more disciplined on my thursday writing day. Email OFF, phone OFF, twitter OFF and more focus. It worked really well this past thursday, so I just need to keep it up. I have also started a little 'magpie' book, collecting little snippets of interesting facts / conversation / images /  ideas etc from my day which may someday be able to work their way into a story. Yesterday for example I had my hair cut by a lady with black hair with white stripes in it, so that went down in my book: 'zebra hair'. Also, she had a very prominent tattoo on her forearm so I decided to ask her about it rather than just look at it. She told me that she had it done just after her daughter was born and the tattoo spelt out her name. Brilliant - a zebra-haired hairdresser with Ivanka tattooed on her arm. Love it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)