Thursday, 13 September 2012

Hello World

Wow, it's been a long time since I last posted. It's been a summer filled with weddings, festivals, picnics, ocean, sunshine and rain. What's happened to my blog? I guess it just fell by the wayside. And I was utterly wrapped up in re-writing my novel, which brings me to why I've decided to start blogging again. It's a long, lonely, painful process this road to publication and I feel now that I want to share some of this process. I feel more determined than ever to get this book published (and yes, even if that means publishing an e-book which would mean, in turn, embracing digital technology and buying a kindle - gulp).

This is where I'm at right now - I've heard back from 2 of the 4 agents who were originally interested in my work 6 years ago. The response has been a polite, firm "no". Today's task: to send my manuscript to several more agents. The picture below is my little boy, finding his independence, exploring. It reminds me of my long road I'm travelling. But at the end of the road is the sea, the destination. And in the words of my favourite poem of all time by John Masefield, I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky. Because that's where my prize is waiting, no matter what form it takes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)