3 full days to go before we move to Nairobi - can this really be possible??
Since I last posted about the agent wanting to read my full manuscript, I've heard nothing. I did actually send her an email last week with a gentle prompt, asking if she'd had a chance to look at it yet. She responded that she hadn't as she's been up to her eyeballs in the London Book Fair but will get back to me in the next few weeks. So this period of *hope* (that dangerous but beautiful word!) has been extended.
In the meantime, I have had a short story published in an online magazine. Always rewarding to see my name in print (let's face it, all I really want is to egotistically see my name in print!). The magazine was meant to be a physical one but a bit guttingly they ran out of money before it went to print and had to do a virtual version. But no matter, they liked my story enough to print it :)
I will be blogging about the experiences of my middle child in Kenya here and probably continue to blog about writing-related topics on Mother Writes. See you on the other side - wish me luck!
x
Since I last posted about the agent wanting to read my full manuscript, I've heard nothing. I did actually send her an email last week with a gentle prompt, asking if she'd had a chance to look at it yet. She responded that she hadn't as she's been up to her eyeballs in the London Book Fair but will get back to me in the next few weeks. So this period of *hope* (that dangerous but beautiful word!) has been extended.
In the meantime, I have had a short story published in an online magazine. Always rewarding to see my name in print (let's face it, all I really want is to egotistically see my name in print!). The magazine was meant to be a physical one but a bit guttingly they ran out of money before it went to print and had to do a virtual version. But no matter, they liked my story enough to print it :)
I will be blogging about the experiences of my middle child in Kenya here and probably continue to blog about writing-related topics on Mother Writes. See you on the other side - wish me luck!
x
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment :)