Saturday, 29 January 2011

One Sentence

Saturday morning's have become sacred to me. If we are not rushing off to do something on a saturday, what is now happening more often than not is that my husband is taking my three children off somewhere for a couple of hours so that I can write - what BLISS! Thankfully I have an enlightened husband who is aware of the equation that happy mama = happy children = less grief all round.

This morning I have been reading the latest offerings on my Women's Writing Wheel website and submitting a couple of short stories to literary magazines. I also discovered this great little site: One Sentence. It asks that you tell a story in just one sentence. Pretty difficult in some ways, but the great thing is that it won't take much time and is a good exercise in brevity and making each and every word count. Some of the stories I've read there are shocking, some morbid, some laugh-out-loud funny and some downright silly but I like this mix of the mad and mundane and it's a good way to get some creative juices flowing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)