Saturday, 19 February 2011

Events



Leading on from my previous blog about finding my way slowly back out into the world of socialising and activity once again (after my lengthy hibernation!), I'm going to write a short list of writing / literary / poetry events I'd like to go to at some point this year; something I can refer to when I'm feeling inspired to have an evening out.

In no particular order, here they are:

Oh joy, I have discovered there is a Creative Writing school at the South Bank Centre. There's a dialogue writing event coming up on 8th March.

Bookslam looks like a fun night out with some really good writers talking about their work.

Woolfson and Tay is an independent bookshop in central London which has regular author events, talks and performances.

Calder Bookshop is another independent bookshop, Waterloo based, which again holds regular events and talks. Long live the independent bookshop!

The Book Club Boutique sounds kind of wacky, but lots of fun. It is, apparently, a place for books, booze and boogie woogie.


So, here's my next challenge....having listed these events, I now need to get to them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)