Saturday, 12 March 2011

Cherry Blossom & Prezi

It is saturday morning, that incredible time of the week for me when I am granted a couple of blissful hours alone to tippety-tap-type and dream. I keep getting distracted by the beautiful pink cherry blossom out of the window and realise that I am far too easily distracted. Mslexia magazine sent out a survey recently to its subscribers asking, amongst other things, what people like to wear when they're writing. Wear? I thought. How silly! I'll wear any old thing I happen to be in. However, if I dig a bit deeper into my honesty trough, this isn't true. The truth of it is that I like to be showered and dressed with clean teeth and warm feet. Why? No reason whatsoever, it's just one of those funny quirks that writers must be forgiven for.

{I'd like to add a little aside at this point to say that, rather typically in light of what I wrote at the start of this post, my two little girls just wandered into the room to jump on the bed....hmmm...this definitely works better when they're all out of the house!}

Since writing my last post, I haven't taken a single step further as far as the novel goes. There simply has not been the time. However, I've been enjoying thinking about it a little and remembering a few of the characters. I know I'm going to have to read up on the Spanish Civil War again too as I became quite an expert on that several years ago...but the bottom of my memory seems to have fallen out! A vague plan I am formulating is that I am going to work on my Women's Writing Wheel website over the next few months, deciding how I am going to take it forwards and developing it. Then come September, my middle daughter will start nursery and my mother will look after my baby on thursdays which means I will potentially have an entire day to myself to write! This is when I can start some serious work on the novel again. I can't wait!

On another note, Prezi is a web based tool used to connect an idea with an audience, a bit like Powerpoint but far more visual and creative and engaging. Click here to see an interesting presentation on the elements that make up a short story.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)