Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Is today nearly over yet?



Here is a small snapshot out of my day:

8pm and 2 of my 3 children are screaming. My two year old is screaming because she had a half hour nap in the buggy earlier and is wide awake, unhappy that I keep asking her to go back to bed and I think she is quite enjoying the level of noise she is making and is experimenting with different screaming tones. My baby is screaming because his teeth are hurting (this is the default explanation for pretty much all unhappiness these days but it could just as easily be that he is unimpressed with some of the weird concoctions I feed him and has tummy ache). My husband is away on a 3 day conference, I've had horribly little sleep over the past two nights and all I want to do is collapse into the sofa with a very large thud. It's been one of those days: locked out of the house, pouring rain, library shut because of a freak fire alarm...But no, the screaming continues and you know when you get that tightness around your chest and you feel on the verge of throwing something very large and heavy through the window, just for the pleasure of hearing and seeing shattering glass? (Or is that just me??!!!!) Well, I resisted because I knew how long that would then to clear up and sort out, so instead had a good old wail along with my screaming children and now, one hour later - thank the Lord - all is quiet upstairs. I almost feel like I'm whispering this as I type, for fear of jinxing my words!

BUT. On a much happier note, a short story has just been accepted for Friction, an online journal for creative writing - yay! I'll post the link to the story when it's live.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)