Friday, 24 May 2013

Relaxing into my new writing routine



I can actually feel myself starting to physically relax out here. The days are warmer and slower and I feel like I'm not rushing so much anymore - in fact, I'm barely rushing at all.

I have got myself into a good routine as I have every morning from about 8.45 to 12.45 to myself for my writing, reading and conjuring and it is BLISS. It's worked well dividing my morning into little project chunks and even if I only work on one of these projects for ten minutes, that's fine, I have still given it some thought. So here's what I do (in no particular order): 1) Research digital publishing and read about it online 2) Edit my Spanish Civil War novel as it still needs some attention before I publish the e-book 3)Write between 500 and 1000 words of my new novel 4) Research and think about creative writing for kids as I would like to start running workshops at the start of next term 5) Do some exercise! This involves me walking very fast up and down up the long road at the end of our drive (it currently takes about 40 minutes but once I get my 'power-walking' style perfected should take less!  People often think I am lost and ask if they can help me, it is such an odd thing to see for most people!)

All the above might sound like quite a lot but it's amazing how much I can get done in 4 hours.

Oh, and before you think that photo of me was taken at our house and this is how we eat breakfast every morning in Kenya...it's not (sadly!). It was taken at a lodge during our last trip here in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)