Hooray, a short story published in Magic Cat Press called 'The Girl and the Rickshaw'. Click here to have a read. The story is inspired by my year spent in India and the many rickshaw journeys I took around Bangalore, though the girl is definitely not me! This is a funny old story, the few people that have read it have generally said that they felt let down by the ending. I guess Magic Cat Press didn't feel that way as otherwise they wouldn't have accepted it, but if anybody out there does read it, I'd be hugely grateful for some feedback!
Saturday, 14 January 2012
The Girl and the Rickshaw
Hooray, a short story published in Magic Cat Press called 'The Girl and the Rickshaw'. Click here to have a read. The story is inspired by my year spent in India and the many rickshaw journeys I took around Bangalore, though the girl is definitely not me! This is a funny old story, the few people that have read it have generally said that they felt let down by the ending. I guess Magic Cat Press didn't feel that way as otherwise they wouldn't have accepted it, but if anybody out there does read it, I'd be hugely grateful for some feedback!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a thought provoking story! It's very easy to identify with Kate.
ReplyDeleteIt made me think about what Naomi Stadlen says about being a mother and how a mother's compassion extends to others. Although Kate's compassion is very much mixed with her physical discumfort and her worries for her own son. She suddenly finds herself overwhelmed both emotionnaly and physically. Is she distressed by the abandoonment and the implication for the baby and his family or by her own situation, or both? Would her first reaction, had she not been with her son and worrying about him, been to want to protect and mother this other baby 'fallen' into her lap?!
Thank you for this story.